Showroom HostSUBMIT RESUME
AVENUE ROAD is a North American based furniture retailer, manufacturer and distributor engaged in both residential and contract markets, offering classic-contemporary designs with timeless style and enduring quality.
We are currently seeking an experienced full-time Showroom Host responsible for organizing all administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of an AVENUE ROAD showroom.
- Ensure showroom equipment is in good working order and properly maintained, including but not limited to heating and cooling, employee kitchen equipment, office furniture and accouterments, monitoring and managing office supply stock
- Support onboarding efforts of new staff – including ensuring credentialing and technology is set-up upon arrival, distributing new hire package, acting as primary resource for new hires upon arrival
- Participate and lead special projects including supporting Marketing with Sales Event coordination, as required
- Support planning and development of internal staff events and training sessions
- Coordinate handymen, contractors and cleaning of the showroom
- Reception duties including, answering phone calls, ordering office supplies, arranging courier and FedEx deliveries, mail distribution and greeting clients/guests as required
- Responsible for local staff communications regarding status of the workplace, workplace closures, changes or updates to policies/procedures and includes other pertinent information that will affect employee daily activities via email or staff bulletin board
- Additional responsibilities as requested or required
- Similar experience in a fast-paced environment (2+ years)
- Details driven individual that can deliver results under highest expectations on time and quality
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a dynamic team environment
- Present well and communicate clearly and effectively to upper management and internal departments
- Flexibility to think outside the box and can adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised.
- Excellent computer skills in Outlook, Power Point, Excel, Word etc.
- Demonstrated high personal performance standards, the desire and ability to continuously learn, and a results-oriented work style
- Second language an asset
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only suitable applicants will be contacted.