Outbound Lead Hand, Distribution CentreSUBMIT RESUME
AVENUE ROAD is a North American based furniture retailer, manufacturer and distributor engaged in both residential and contract markets, offering classic-contemporary designs with timeless style and enduring quality. AVENUE ROAD is currently seeking an Outbound Lead Hand,Distribution Centre.
Reporting to the Logistics Manager, this position spans across logistics &operations. This is an opportunity for a dynamic professional to have daily input into local warehouse & supply chain operations. Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Supporting the Logistics Manager to ensure all deliveries, shipments (LCL/FCL/ITR’s), customer pickups, showroom transfers, and installations to client/project sites are coordinated daily, in tandem with organizing all delivery requirements in a consistently error free manner and with a commitment to provide quality service. In order to meet this objective, the Outbound Lead Hand will be expected to complete the following duties and will have full accountability over the execution of these tasks as per the established standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and work instructions:
1. Inspect the contents and quality of each shipment/transfer/delivery/pick up to ensure accuracy, condition, and completeness.
2. Ensure the teams adhere to any special instructions and/or requests that pertain to a delivery/shipment/transfer/pick-up.
3. Assign team members to pick and prepare items for delivery, pick up,and or shipment.
4. Assist with the coordination and scheduling of deliveries, drop offs,pick-ups, and showroom transfers/flips.
- Assist the Logistics Manager in bringing about significant improvements in all outbound related procedures, to allow for more streamlined operations and provide recommendations on procedures for the effective receiving, inspection, handling, and storage of products.
- Communicate effectively and in a timely manner with all internal departments and outside vendors.
- Ensure that workplace health and safety requirements are met and that the security of employees, building and inventory is always maintained.
- Contact clients, schedule deliveries (white glove, curbside and dock-to-dock) within GTA and communicate it with other teams (Logistics, Client Services and Sales)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in retail distribution an asset.
- Ability to assemble and disassemble modular furniture. Additionally, this role will require the ability to trouble shoot issues related to these products.
- Expertise in the installation of various furniture products, as well as troubleshooting product/quality deficiencies either within the warehouse or at a delivery site.
- Ability to perform all tasks related to deliveries, installations, as well as troubleshooting quality related issues with these products.
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Ability to install electrical fixtures is an asset.
- A valid, clean Ontario G-Class license, desired.
- Previous health and safety training.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Experience with an ERP system, specifically SAP an asset
- Excellent organizational skills and high degree of initiative.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous process improvement.
Please send your resume to email@example.com. Only suitable applicants will be contacted.