Weishaupt Design Group is currently seeking an experienced full-time Logistics Manager.
Reporting to the Director, Logistics and Warehousing, this position spans both logistics and operations. This leadership position is responsible for planning, organizing, and managing logistic and transportation operations to provide unparalleled client service while achieving operational excellence. The Logistics Manager will improve internal processes and drive for results while managing costs. He/She/They will assure consistent compliance with established distribution policies and procedures; while also ensuring harmonious employee relations, meeting or exceeding key operating measurements, and focus on continuously evaluating employee training programs.
This is an opportunity for a dynamic professional to have daily input into North American & Global supply chain operations.
If you’re interested in this role, please share your resume with us at email@example.com
Desired Skills and Experience
- Build and maintain departmental standards for exceptional client service that will work towards ongoing client retention and client resolution
- Maintain and strengthen relationship and communication with European & North American suppliers to ensure all inbound goods are effectively consolidated
- Monitor performance, identify cost saving opportunities, and initiate corrective actions/initiatives in case of deviation to the business plan; streamline operations and identify & report any risk within the logistics function
- Ensure maximum return on revenue through effective operational performance and execution of projects.
- Develop and oversee performance of Logistics team members and maintain a positive and creative team environment.
- Manage, coach and develop the Logistics team in accordance with company policies and practices in order to assure high professional competences, motivation, engagement and customer orientation, resulting in high overall team and individual performance and result
- Ensure focus of Logistics team is to support and enrich the level of logistics support for worldwide projects
- Maintain open and effective communications within the department and with other departments, including Purchasing and Client Success teams, collaborate with and share information, suggestions and ideas
- Coordinate activities to ensure all shipping information is accurate and all inbound furniture inspections are carried out in a timely manner
- Work closely with Purchasing on improving communication flow between vendors and Logistics department and ensure high levels of accuracy
- Oversee the shipping log with transportation partners to ensure all pertinent target dates are being met
- Ensure all freight and 3PL invoices are checked and processed in the most efficient and timely manner
- Oversee all intra-company LTL/FTL shipments and associated customs paperwork
- Work with all established customs brokers to ensure that tariffs are in line and troubleshoot any issues
- Coordinate the introduction and development of new carriers to enhance our transportation offering and improve lead times & service levels
- Ensure that the ERP system is updated with latest shipping dates to ensure sales team is fully current on shipping schedules
Desired Skills and Experience
- Post-secondary education, preferably in a business/Logistic discipline
- 5 - 7 yrs. of Transportation/Logistics experience preferred
- 5 - 7 yrs. Logistics Routing experience focusing on efficiencies preferred
- Supervisory experience within the transportation/Logistics environment
- Strong transportation, logistics and warehousing background with expertise of international importing and exporting including experience with cross-border trucking & customs procedures.
- Ability to coach, mentor and train employees
- Strong communication and demonstrated leadership skills; Developed analytical, problem solving and planning skills
- Thorough understanding of WH operations, transportation (TL / LTL / Parcel) and process improvement
- Ability to work within a team atmosphere to achieve common goals
- Ability to work independent and to provide professional guidance/oversight to Logistic operations.
- Ability to prioritize tasks to maintain Routing efficiency.
- Superior interpersonal, communication and multi-tasking skills within a fast-paced work environment
- Computer skills should include advanced aptitude in Microsoft office with and emphasis in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with ERP systems – specifically SAP Business One - preferred